Jun 11, 2011

Prayer and Thanksgiving

Today is a new day. The Lord woke me up early and I straightly went to my room and picked up my Bible and praised God. Ok, that picture would have been perfect. But that's not how this day started. It started with me still in bed thinking if my computer has been fixed, how much the hard disk would cost & how I would get the money required to get it fixed. A couple of messages scurry from my cellphone and then I realize..'How did I begin this day?' By worrying? The first wrong thing I did this morning was to start my day without prayer and then delay it further by worrying about something that is of lesser importance.

Then once I realized I returned to what I should have been doing in the first place - PRAYING. I read the 'purple book' (a book containing all kinds of verses for daily confessions). And I confessed a couple of verses related to prosperity, finances, prayer etc.I was thus at ease from having done something wrong early in the morning. But then God made me realize about something else-
what I should be thankful for. The previous couple of weeks, I have been waking up quite late because of the weather and frankly, also because I have been going to bed late at night. But this morning, the Lord woke me up early at 7. 20 a.m and yeah, I did try to sleep in even after that (who wouldn't want to..its quite cold here, not even 5 alarms could wake me up!). But as much as I tried, I couldn't after that. I am  thankful that the Lord helped me even in this.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus" 
                                                - Philippians 4:6-7


This is the verse the Lord led me to. And I am grateful.
This morning I prayed for my mother who is sick and she has been sick for quite a long time. I prayed for her to be saved and my father to be saved and for them to quit doing those things that are displeasing to God. I prayed for the Saviour to show Himself to them and that they might believe and receive Him Who is the only Way to Him Who is above all. I said, 'I am counting on you, Lord..I believe in You. And I pray that my parents receive You for this. If I must be used for this task, then enable me and give me the words that I should speak" and then  I said the Lord's prayer and thanked Him for all that He has done for me and will do so in the future for me and my family.
           
                           It is very essential to confess thanks unto the Lord for not just the things that have happened but also for what are yet to happen (for what you have asked for and for the promises that God has mentioned in the Word which are going to be fulfilled in you life). It is not for mere recitation, it has meaning and power. What you say with your mouth has a profound effect on what you believe and what you do. So it is better to use your mouth for what is good and pleasant according to the Word instead of vain talks. Take a step towards active faith and confess God's promises through your mouth on purpose. Don't believe what the devil wants you to believe, don't rely on this world, on what you see..but rely and trust in the Lord and on the Lord's Word because: 

Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away.
                                        - Matthew 24:35 (NKJV)

                                                                        May God bless you!
                                                          - CMS, Member of J.L.E.S Ministries

No comments: